Reduce Heat and Noise in Your Home
Get Replacement Windows from Diamond Head Windows
Windows in a home let in natural light, cool breezes and views of the outside world. Unfortunately, windows can also let in heat and noise. While tinting can provide some relief from heat, it does nothing to squelch noise. Tinting can also develop bubbles over time and spoil the view. Another option is to install shutters or blinds, which end up blocking the view and cutting off natural light.
The best fix for reducing the heat and noise that seeps through windows is to install dual-pane glass that has a heat/UV-reducing coating with an inert gas between the panes. Unfortunately, the myriad of options that are available on the market can make choosing the right windows confusing.
Neal Diamond, of Diamond Head Windows and Doors, has nearly 30 years of experience working in the window industry and can help sort through the choices and clear up the confusion. Diamond Head Windows provides custom-made, high-quality windows and doors that are made specifically for our Hawaiian climate. Not only that, they guarantee their work for as long as the homeowner owns the home, and they make customer happiness a top priority, having won the Best of Houzz 2015 award for customer service.
Anyone thinking about replacing those old, worn-out windows should contact Neal to learn all the ins and outs of replacing windows in our unique island climate and community. His goal is to make sure that buyers are educated before they make a decision, whether they decide to buy from him or not.
To get started, here’s a list of things to consider when looking for someone to trust when installing replacements—and how Diamond Head Windows can help.
1. Warranty: Read the fine print of the warranty carefully and understand whether there are any “gotchas” in it. Diamond Head Windows carefully selects the windows they install to ensure that they’re excellent for our island homes, then they stand behind those windows with the most comprehensive warranty on the market.
2. Replacement Parts: As with any moving mechanism in our island climate, some parts will eventually need to be replaced. We’ve all experienced problems getting replacement parts. Diamond Head Windows makes sure that parts are available for all the windows they install.
3. Service: The company should have experienced and reliable staff, rather than rely on contractors. Diamond Head Windows uses professional staff—not contractors—to ensure that the job is done right the first time to ensure there won’t be issues in the future.
4. Energy Star Rating: The windows being offered should meet or exceed the government’s Energy Star rating to qualify for federal tax rebates. Diamond Head Windows offers Triple Coat LowE coating, the most efficient in blocking incoming heat and ultra violet light that can fade carpets, drapes, flooring and artwork. They exceed Energy Star government requirements by 35 to 40 percent. The glass package blocks most of the radiant heat from coming through the windows and can lower the temperature from four to five degrees on hot days. Because they are virtually airtight when closed, they also help keep the cool air from air conditioning from escaping outside. The design of the windows also effectively blocks out noise.
5. Trust: It’s important to trust the people that will be working on a home. They should have the pride, professionalism and care to ensure that window replacements are done right. The owners of Diamond Head Windows have 30 years of experience in Hawaii and California. They have installed most of the window brands available in Hawaii and know what works best here.
6. Value: Affordability is an important aspect of any purchase. Diamond Head Windows provides affordability without scrimping on quality in materials and workmanship by purchasing directly from the manufacturers and shipping directly from them in California. By eliminating the middlemen, Diamond Head Windows can use its volume and experience to negotiate the best prices and pass the savings on to customers.
Anyone interested in seeing what replacement windows can do for their home should contact Neal Diamond at 808-838-9082. He’ll be happy to visit and take the mystery out of the details about the replacement window industry, as well as assess the home’s current windows and discuss the best options for replacements that will add value and comfort.
Location: 99-1093 Iwaena Street, Bay G, Aiea. For more information, call 808-838-9082 or visit: DiamondHeadWindows.com. HI License #: C32605.Edit ModuleShow Tags