Living to be 128
Sep 26, 2019 05:00PM
● By Beckie and Bud Kowalski
Julia in the Garden at Ryoin on Eames
Julia Estrella, author of Being
Local in Hawai‘i,
will be talking about
her goal to live to be 128 on Saturday, November 2, at noon at the Wahiawa
Library, located at 820 California Avenue in Wahiawa.
Julia returned to her childhood community of Wahiawa in 2016 to fulfill her dream of developing a wellness center. She purchased a five-bedroom home with an expansive yard already filled with citrus trees and room to put in an organic garden. She named her new home Ryoin on Eames. The motto for the center is Faith, Unity and Nature, which stands for FUN, which is what people experience that participate in the work that needs to be done at the center. Everything from developing the gardens and grounds to running the programs that are offered to the community is infused with joy and pleasure.
Julia is seeking people to help continue to develop the center; anyone that wants to assist in creating programs or working the land should contact her to discuss their ideas.
Several activities are scheduled in October for Ryoin on Eames, 1777 Eames Street, in Wahiawa:
- Each Saturday, 10:00 a.m. to Noon ‒ Lee’s Breakfast Club; Julia and Lee Lewis host a free breakfast followed by a talk about health and wellness topics. Everyone is invited!
- Saturday, October 26, Noon to 2:00 p.m. ‒ Introduction to the Fascianator Method, a natural way to relieve chronic pain through self-myofascial release, by Fran Patoskie.
- Sunday, October 27, Noon to 2:00 p.m. ‒ Blessing of a new multi-purpose gazebo, followed by a group coaching session by Executive Life Coach, Jeff Bow. To sign up for the group coaching opportunity, contact Julia Estrella at 808-852-1892 for details and reservations.
- Tuesday, October 29, 5:30 p.m. ‒ Interfaith celebration of the birthdays of the Bab and Baha‘u‘llah in commemoration of the Herald and Founder of a world movement whose purpose is to unify all the peoples in the world. To be held in the new Ryoin gazebo with music provided by well-known musicians Rocky Freitas, Joel and Angelika Veach. Simple health foods will be served at 6:30 p.m.
All activities are open to the public (only the group coaching session requires advance registration).
For more information, call Julia Estrella at 808-852-1892.